Monday, October 5, 2009

A weekend at the beach!

I had a wonderful weekend here in Chile and it only consisted of the beach! The weather is starting to get beautiful out and that means we can lay out on the beach! So Friday Jeannie and my friend Nicole and I ventured to a small beach town known as Quintay. It's super small, but one of the most beautiful beach areas I've seen in Chile yet! We had a wonderful fish lunch which we enjoyed with our spectacular view of the ocean! Afterwards we huffed it up the huge hill, trekked around the town, through a horse pasture feeling the crisp CLEAN air on our skin and letting our lungs have their fill, and down a very steep hill to the beach known as Playa Grande or big beach! The beach was beautiful and really piola or chill as they say here in Chile because the was a total of about 10 people at the most on the beach! We laid out on the soft sand with our swimsuits on, but I didn't last super long because the crisp air was quite crisp with hardly any clothes on.... The sun felt amazing though and it was great to finally relax and read my book on the beach! We played in the sand right along with a little boy and his daddy trying to fly a kite. We found seashells I've never seen before, and rocks colors I didn't think existed! It was a great day and I'm glad we got our butts out the door to experience it!

Saturday was an excursion with my program to the northern beaches of Chile (about an hour away as well). First we stopped in Con Con to a beach I've already been to, but people road horses and I took pictures because I'm severely allergic to horses. The day wasn't super warm but here and there the sun came out to say hello! The second beach, which wasn't really a beach, was Horcon. We had lunch that consisted of shrimp empanadas (amazing) and a pastry that I don't know what it was but it was tasty! Horcon is one of the last places where the fishermen use horses to get their boat loaded with fish up on to the shore. I didn't actually see this happen unfortunately because it would have been cool! The third and final beach was Zapillar. This town is known for their summer luxurious houses, which I found out why when we stepped off the bus.... the view and beach are gorgeous! I found where I want my beach house to be when I marry into riches... not going to happen I know. However I did find many houses my mother would be quited pleased with retiring into when she finally quits working! ( she "retired" five years ago). My friends Isabelle, Amelie (Am-a-lee), and I walked a cute path filled with cool trees and beautiful wild flowers! The colors were breath-taking! It was a wonderful, fun filled day all in all I just wish we had had more sun along with it!

Sunday consisted of sleeping in after a hectic week of school (papers in Spanish take a long time to write) and a week of not sleeping very well. However I woke up and walked to meet Celine where we went to the beach because it was a gorgeous day! It's an amazing feeling being able to just walk down the road to the beach! Something I'm definitely going to miss when I return to Colorado!

I had a beautiful, relaxing weekend and I hope you all did too! On Friday morning Jeannie and I are leaving for our next adventure to Mendoza Argentina to ride bikes and taste wine! Can't wait! Until then folks.... besitos y abrazos! Chao!

1 comment:

  1. Holy crap! I am SO jealous. It's getting warm there? We had our first hard freeze this week and I spent 10 minutes scraping ice off my car this morning! It looks amazing! I miss you! I'm glad you're still having a blast :).

    ReplyDelete